THE COMMERCIAL MOTOR AWARDS
Top 5 tips for writing a successful award entry
1. Follow the entry criteria carefully – stick within the 1,000 word limit.
2. Plan the structure of your award carefully and make sure you have strong enough evidence to reinforce your successes. Predicted success is not going to impress the judges!
3. Keep the language simple and leverage the skills of your design colleagues who can bring the award to life using imagery and charts. After all, a picture is worth 1,000 words.
4. Are you shouting loud enough about your success? Take advantage of providing supporting evidence to back up your claims – just ensure it’s clearly referenced in your entry.
5. Don’t leave it to the last minute. Successful award entries are achieved by investing time in structuring, writing and evidencing your achievements. It will also buy you enough time to thoroughly review the entry with your team and with a good proof reader.
By following our top 5 tips, you are well on your way to differentiating between a good and best in class award entry!
And if you still need convincing why entering the Commercial Motor Awards is important for your organisation, here are some of our 2020 winners to explain why...
2020 winner testimonials
“It was a great honour for the Watts Truck & Van team to be announced as a winner at the Commercial Motor Awards. Everyone in the company has worked hard to provide a high level of customer service in difficult circumstances, and to be recognised as the best of the best was very exciting.”
“Winning the Commercial Motor award for the second time in 2020 gives us immense pride in what is a prestigious award for the body building industry. The entire team at Bevan Group continually strives to achieve the quality and service required to beat the competition to win this award and it certainly puts us in the mind of all customers requiring quality from the outset and through the vehicles life.”
“We are super proud Team MV won Commercial Motor’s independent dealer of the year which has brought with it fantastic praise & recognition throughout the industry. We hope to be in the running to win this award again in 2021 which would be a phenomenal achievement.”
“I was a great honour for SmartWitness to receive a CM award in 2020. It really was a highlight in what was a difficult year. The award is a really prestigious accolade of which we are truly proud.”
"We were all extremely proud to have won both the 2020 ‘Customer Service’ and the ‘Rental, Leasing and Contract Hire Provider of the Year’ awards. They are in recognition of our achievements in developing the business and all the hard work that everyone across our nationwide network puts in on a daily basis looking after and supporting our customers.”